Dairy Promotion Board seeking nominations
Monday, February 15, 2016 6:22 PM
The 53rd Annual Winneshiek County Dairy Banquet is Saturday, April 9, at the DeSales School in Ossian with serving starting at 7 p.m.
Following the meal at around 8 p.m., the awards will be presented and the 2016 Little Miss Squirt, Little Mr. Herdsman and the Winneshiek County Dairy Princess will be crowned.
Tickets are available at the Winneshiek County Extension office, from members of the Winneshiek County Dairy Promotion Board or the evening of the event.
The board is seeking help in nominating county dairymen, dairy women and youth for their hard work and accomplishments.
Nominations are needed for the following awards:
• Outstanding Young Dairy Producer – The award honors young dairy farmers, age 40 and younger, who have excelled in management, production and respect within the dairy community.
• Distinguished Service – This award can be anyone who has made a huge impact or contributions to the dairy industry in Winneshiek County.
• Distinguished Dairy Family – A family award in which the entire family must be involved in the dairy farm, local youth programs and a strong supporter of the dairy industry.
• Pioneer Dairy Producer – The producer has made a significant contribution to the dairy industry. This person(s) must be no longer involved in the production of milk.
• Dairy Promoter of the Year – This award is given to businesses or individuals, who are strong supporters of REAL dairy products in the community or their business.
• Outstanding Dairy Employee – This award is designed for an employee on a dairy farm who has gone above and beyond to achieve success for his or her employer.
• Scholarships – College scholarships will be awarded to eligible students pursuing an agriculture related career.
In addition, the Winneshiek County Dairy Promotion Board is seeking candidates for Little Miss Squirt, Little Mister Herdsman and Winneshiek County Dairy Princess.
The Little Miss Squirt and Little Mr. Herdsman contestants must live in Winneshiek County or the family may be employed in Winneshiek County. They must be between 9 – 11 years old on or before March 31st, 2016 and active in the dairy industry.
Dairy Princess Candidates must live in Winneshiek County or the family may be employed in Winneshiek County. She must be between the age of 16 – 21 years old on or before March 31, 2016 and be active in the dairy industry.
For scholarship applications, award nomination forms, royalty candidacy applications or questions, call Alan or Ruth Hageman at 563-532-9878 or the Winneshiek County ISU Extension Office at 563-382-2949.
All nomination forms must be returned to the Extension Office or a member of the Winneshiek County Dairy Promotion board by Monday, March 7.
Our app is now available!