Decorah Fire Department responds to house fire
Sunday, January 06, 2013 12:39 PM
The Decorah Fire Department responded to a house fire early Sunday morning.
The department was called to 2217 Oil Well Road, rural Decorah,
at about 12:41 p.m. for a fire in the wall of the home owned by Scott Hurley.
When firefighters arrived, light smoke was found in the main level of the house. Fire was located on one wall in the living room near the chimney for the wood stove.The fire was contained to the wall behind the wood stove and was quickly extinguished.
There were working smoke detectors in the house that were going off when firefighters arrived. All occupants were able to leave the house and were not injured. No injuries were reported. The amount of damage is unknown. Firefighters were on the scene until about 3:45 p.m.
The Decorah Fire Department was assisted by the Winneshiek Medical Center
Ambulance, Winneshiek County Sheriff's Department, Frankville Fire Department and
Spahn and Rose Lumber Company.